What is ProQuest Complete and why should you use it?
ProQuest Complete is a journal database similar to EBSCO. ProQuest also contains a wide range of sources including approximately:
- 2,000 Peer-reviewed academic journals
- 1,000 Country data reports
- 900 Industry reports
- 30,000 Full-text business dissertations
- 13,000 Case studies
- Access to the Wall Street Journal, Financial Times and The Economist
The number of individual journals that we subscribe to within ProQuest Complete is approximately 6800. These include:
- MIT Sloan Management Review
- Management Decision
- Leadership and Organization Development Journal
- Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science
What are the good points about this database?
- Easy to navigate
- Intuitive in terms of suggesting other relevant searches
- Option to refine by Document Type
- Wide choice of source types
- Direct export to Refworks citation manager
What are the bad points about this database?
- Results tend to contain a large amount of non-academic sources
- Limited full-text access to certain publications
- Selecting ‘suggested subjects’ create a new search and removes the current one
I don’t know where to start! Can the Library help?
- Of course we can – answering your questions is a huge part of the Library service. You can ring or email us with any question. If you’d like a more formal training session, contact us and we’ll be happy to schedule a session with you.