RefworksRefworks Direct Access
Once you are logged into the library you will see a link to access RefWorks just above this text. Follow the link to complete the account creation process.
RefWorks is a web-based citation manager designed to help manage citations and format bibliographies. RefWorks is linked to the IMI Library journal databases and this allows you to gather references automatically while you search and then export them to your Refworks account. Refworks also allows you to manually input reference details from books, websites and other sources that you have found during your research.
Bibliographies can then be created in an A-Z format from your library of references and copied into your assignment.
Benefits of using Refworks
- Allows you to quickly export an article reference to your personal account
- Makes the process of managing your references much easier
- Option to create individual folders based on different subjects
- Creates your bibliography in the Havard style within seconds
Creating an account
Refworks does not require you to download any programs, it is entirely web-based. To create an account log into the library and click on the Direct Access link above. We can also set up a a training session which will cover the following:
- Account creation and overview
- Creating and organising folders
- Exporting references from the EBSCO database
- Creating a bibliography
Also available is a brief guide to help participants begin to familiarise themselves with Refworks. The guide is available here.